Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dining Room

BEFORE

The Good:
* Nice light fixture
* All moldings in good condition

The Bad:
* Bad paint job (faux gone wrong)




Work Done:

* Primed and painted the walls, ceilings, and moldings
* Refinished wood floors
* New windows


AFTER


Table-- From: Family, passed down. Cost: Free
Place mats-- From: Dollar Tree. Cost: $1 each.
Curtains-- From: IKEA. Cost: $10 / panel.
Flower Paintings: From: Old staging furniture. Cost: free.
Table Cloth-- From: Passed down, from grandma. Cost: Free.



NOTE:
I was so happy to be able to use this brown in my house. I absolutely love it. The big windows and white moldings really gave me the ability to go so dark.



I'm very pleased with the "flow" of these two rooms. The colors really mesh well, and I was blessed to be given so many furniture pieces (most of them free) that help tie the rooms together. These two rooms were intended to be spaces that are inviting, warm, and cozy-- with a hint of modernized antique-ness. It's been neat seeing my vision come together to create a space that encompasses that exact vision!

1 comment:

  1. I love the brown with the white molding! So pretty!! Your house looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete